4.24.2012

Baked Cabbage and Roasted Beets


ONE OF OUR MEMBERS FROM  THE WOODLANDS SHARED THIS TODAY...


"This is our first season with y'all, and I am so happy with the produce.  Like many other new people, I have had to be creative in presenting some of the food.  Below are the links to a few recipes I've used.  

We appreciate all of your family's efforts! 



For cabbage (it isn't just for cole-slaw, apparently):  

Colcannon Bake Recipe - Allrecipes.com


For Beets:  
My beet-hating family ate them all, and went back for more.  Instead of olive oil, I used bacon grease (because bacon makes everything better).  I also served the greens and beets separately, to make them seem unrelated.  

Roasted Beets and Sauteed Beet Greens Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Kale and collard greens work well with peaches in smoothies.  "


THANK YOU, D'LORIN

No comments: